Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just Pick Up and Keep Going

My life is really full right now, and I apologize for the lax posting schedule. I'm skipping the end-of-May update and will just update at the end of this month. That's usually my strategy for these kinds of things, when possible: don't try to get caught up, lest you get overwhelmed and fall further behind. Just pick up and keep going.

I'm in a similar position with my actual finances, mostly because my computer is giving me no end of trouble. The battery is dead, and the charger is dubious--I think I just need to suck it up and have them replaced, in the same vein as the previous item: don't keep pretending that you're going to live with an obstacle that's clearly proving a deterrent to getting the things you need to do done. Just change what needs to be changed and move on. I'm getting the battery replaced tomorrow, and then I'm going home and updating my finances. I think I'm still within the right spending range, but it's tight, definitely.

(For me, the real cost of moving has been food. Because I've had so little kitchen access, and no pots and pans and dishes until two days ago, I've been buying every meal out, and we all know how expensive that can be. I'm going grocery shopping today. I'm happy to eat omelets and chickpea salad for dinner for the next week. I actually kind of think that would be delightful.)

In a similar vein, I'm setting myself a deadline: if I haven't listed the four pairs of shoes, one dress, one blazer, and one pair of jeans I've earmarked for eBay sales by the end of this weekend, I'm taking them to iSoldIt! on Monday. Period. End of story.

In a blog news update, you'll notice I dropped Google's text ads (the second I got to the payout amount) and picked up BlogHer (definitely prettier, and pays per impression rather than per click). We'll see how it goes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once tried to sell a pair of barely used shoes through I Sold It but they wouldn't take them because they weren't brand new.
Have you had luck selling used items through them in the past?

MoneyMaus said...

Welcome back! Hope the move & all went well. Good luck on the grocery shopping front :)

Sierra said...

Quick question: have you heard of/used Mint.com? It's an online budgeting program (free). I'm looking into it but I haven't started an account yet. Wanted to see your thoughts.

Unknown said...

It provides an honest picture, and apple macbook a1185 battery isn't as reflective as people on many of present day a lot more consumer-focused laptops. Acer's GridVista computer software enables you to setup on-screen grids of two, three or four panes into which you'll drag and fall the programs you happen to be engaged on, helping you to definitely retain your Windows desktop tidy. The keyboard is definitely an 85-key Acer FineTouch that features a row of 12 operate keys, 4 cursor keys and an embedded numeric keypad.http://www.eachbatt.com/