Monday, October 01, 2007

September Net Worth

My net worth for September is up at NetWorthIQ.

My retirement accounts did pretty well this month, even though I've exhausted the $1,500 employer match, and are now hovering just above $12,000. If I were just to hold on to this $12,000 until age 70, contribute nothing more, and earn a yearly 8% return, I'd have more than $340,000. Not bad.

There's also a large increase in my cash holdings, and frankly, I'm not sure where that comes from. I did get some of my medical reimbursements in, though, so perhaps that makes the difference between a normal and a slightly odd cash increase.

My net worth for this month is $18,813. The overall increase is $884, or 4.93%.

3 comments:

SavingDiva said...

Congrats on the increase! The upward arrow is always a good thing.

Ms. M&P said...

Nice job. Looks like you're on track to be rich! lol!

Anonymous said...

I think you need to check if the 340,000 is computed with today's dollars or future dollars.

Still a good number, but probably much less buying power. I mean, in 30 years will gas be at $50/gallon?