Thursday, May 31, 2007

Retirement Milestone!

My 401(k) contribution for this month just hit my Fidelity account, which brings my retirement investments solidly over $10,000. For some reason, that feels like a big deal.

If I just left this $10,500 in my retirement accounts for 48 years without touching it or adding to it ('til I'm 71) and earned an ROI of 9%, I'd have $672,000! Granted, inflation would have eaten away a substantial portion of that money's buying power, but nevertheless--that's not chump change.

Not that I'd consider halting my investment, though--full speed ahead!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! :) I remember a few years ago when I hit the $10,000 mark. It felt sooo GOOD!

And I'm with you...I'm constantly checking what my IRA and 401(k) balance will be when I retire (in 27 years). It's really inspiring: I'm up to ~$915,000, and when I hit $1M, I'm throwing a party. Ok, not really, but I WILL buy myself lunch! :)

Olga said...

That's great and very inspiring! Congrats! You definitely are on the right track. If you keep investing till you retire, you'll accumulate so much... it's difficult to imagine, really ;-). Keep it up!

krystalatwork said...

Wow, that's awesome!!! Keep investing like you are, and you'll be able to live out the retirement of your dreams!

Congrats on such a great accomplishment!

GoldnSilver said...

Congratulations!