Monday, February 12, 2007

Refund Madness

My federal and state refunds hit my ING account this weekend. The federal government forked over the expected $430, but New York State adjusted the $270 calculated by the program I used to e-file to $90. It's kind of disappointing, but there's not much I can do about it (and hey, $520 may not be $700, but it's still $520) so I won't be banging my head against that particular wall. Anyway, this brings the balance of my Mini-E ING account to $722.32. Given the current lack of slack in my budget, I'll be sticking with the existing automated transaction (a meager $50 per month) for the next couple of pay periods, until I can boost the balance to the $1,000 goal. Then I'll begin piling up the last thousand dollars for my 2007 Roth contribution.

Three cheers for e-filing and direct deposit.

No comments: